Important Notes For Upgrading To P5 Version 7.X
When upgrading from version 6.x to 7.x there are no important notes to consider. However, please note the FAQs on upgrading to 7.0.
FAQ - Updating to Archiware P5 Version 7.0
What is new in Archiware P5 Version 7.0?
Which PresSTORE or Archiware P5 versions can directly update to Version 7.0?
- Only version 6.x can be updated directly to Version 7.0.
- Version 5.x needs to be updated to Version 6.1 first.
- Version 4.4 needs to be updated to Version 5.1 first.
For more details please refer to Upgrade FAQ 5.1.
- Older versions need to be updated to Version 4.4.x. first.
For more details please refer to Upgrade FAQ 4.4.
Note: Support for PresSTORE 4 (P4) backup and archive indexes is discontinued in version P5 5.6 and later.
Who is entitled to an Update free of charge?
The update is free of charge for all customers who:
- purchased or registered P5 after July 20th, 2020 or
- had active Software Maintenance on July 20th, 2021.
Validity of the Software Maintenance Agreements can be verified in the Archiware Portal.
How much does it cost to update an installation when Software Maintenance is expired?
Updates are available through the Archiware Software Maintenance. For all licenses that ran out of maintenance, a reactivation of Software Maintenance is possible. It covers two major aspects:
1. access to the latest software version, and
2. access to manufacturer support. Prices depend on how long the maintenance is expired:
- Expiration <1 year: 35% of the license price according to the current price list
- Expiration <2 years: 60% of the license price according to the current price list
- Expiration <3 years: 70% of the license price according to the current price list
The reactivated maintenance is valid for 12 months, starting on the 1st of the month following the Archiware invoice date. For more details about Archiware Software Maintenance & Support please refer to the Maintenance & Support.
Where can I get a quote for reactivation of Archiware Software Maintenance?
In order to receive a Software Maintenance reactivation quote, please contact your local reseller or request one through the Archiware Portal.
Which preparations should be made before the Update?
- Make sure you meet the System Requirements.
- Make sure that a required platform or function has not been discontinued.
- Make sure you are eligible for the required license (point 3/4) or request a corresponding quote (point 5).
- Read the Upgrade FAQ for important information regarding any necessary changes in the affected installations.
- For safety purposes, please make a copy of the installation directory!
Do I need new license keys for the Update and where can I get them?
Since the introduction of Version 4.3, the maintenance expiration date is part of the license key.
All installations with an up-to-date key and a valid Software Maintenance Agreement do not need a new license key.
Installations without an up-to-date key have to request one through the Archiware Portal.
What are the system requirements for P5 Version 7.0?
On this dedicated page, you will find all information about System Requirements for P5 Version 7.0.
Which features of previous versions are no longer available in P5 Version 7.0?
On this dedicated page, you will find all information about Discontinuations for P5 Version 7.0.
Please read the important notes in the Upgrade FAQ for information regarding any necessary changes in the affected installations.
What technical effort is required for the Update?
An update from Version 6.x installation is comparable to a new installation.
The installer automatically detects an existing version and executes all necessary changes in the application and its configuration. Please check if it might be necessary to take precautions for a downgrade (see point 13). For security reasons, please create a copy of your installation directory.
Important Note for updating from 5.2 and previous releases: In some rare cases, a full backup may be necessary for P5 Backup. Therefore, the first backup after the upgrade will require the appropriate amount of time and backup capacity. The reason for this is that any missing drive information is mandatory in Version 6.0 and higher.
Do all clients/agents have to be updated to P5 Version 7.0 as well?
Yes, Version 7.0 has to be installed on all servers, workstations and virtual server agents. Please read the Important Notes in the Upgrade FAQ for information regarding any necessary changes in the affected installations.
Will all my settings remain intact when updating?
Yes, all settings remain intact when installing P5 Version 7.0.
Is it possible to downgrade to a previous version after updating to P5 Version 7.0?
After upgrading from Version 6.x, a downgrade back to 6.x is possible with the following limitation:
• All P5 Server and Workstation Agents have to be downgraded as well
• For P5 Backup and P5 Archive, a downgrade is not possible.
Note: Please refer to the necessary preparations described in point 6.
In case it is necessary to re-activate Version 6.x, this can only be done through a new installation
and a subsequent restore of the configuration from a security copy made previously.
• For P5 Synchronize and P5 Backup2Go, a downgrade back is possible.
Upgrading from Archiware P4
Files stored with P4 can be restored through P5, but only with reduced functionality and without search capabilities.
P5 Backup: After having upgraded to P5 Backup, a full backup run is required.
Please be sure to schedule backup time and capacity accordingly.
P5 Archive: P5 Archive requires a conversion of the P4 archive index. To do so, each archive index has to be converted within the administration section of P5. Depending on the size of the index as well as computing power, this process can take anything between minutes and hours.
For more details, please read the P5 Upgrade Guide.
P5 Version Archive
Information and Downloads for Version 6.1
Information and Downloads for Version 6.0
Information and Downloads for Version 5.6
Information and Downloads for Version 5.5
Information and Downloads for Version 5.4
Information and Downloads for P5 Version 5.3
Information and Downloads for P5 Version 5.2
Information and Downloads for P5 Version 5.1
Version 5.0 is no longer available.
It has been replaced by compulsory upgrade Version 5.1 which is identical in functionality.
Information and Downloads for PresSTORE P4 Version 4.4