Archive to LTFS Tape
Advantages of the Archiware LTFS solution
- P5 driver offers maximum performance and is platform independent
- LTFS integration on all operating systems, independent of FUSE
- Comprehensive indexing for LTFS data using metadata and previews in P5 Archive
- Search and retrieve data across LTFS tapes in the index, independent of storage location
- Receive or transfer data from third parties using LTFS export and import feature
- Permanently import data into the index from third-party tapes with the LTFS import function
- High level of automation with many LTFS tapes within a tape library with P5 media management
- Transfer LTFS data to other storage technologies (e.g. tape object storage) using extensive migration options
LTFS builds on LTO tape technology that offers a solid foundation & many benefits
LTO tape is the standard for long-term data storage in many industries like finance, insurance and media & entertainment.
|LTO tape has the longest proven shelf life of all storage media, 30 years.|
|LTO offers maximum security agains malware, cyberattacks, human error and ransomware through its built-in air gap.
Tape is an offline storage medium. Additionally, it is easy to take a tapes and store it offsite for maximum security and disaster recovery (DR).
|LTO tape has the lowest cost and TCO (total cost of ownership) when used with big data sets over multiple years.
LTO media start at one about 8USD/EUR per TB.
|LTO tape scales extremely easy by just adding tape. Archiving even 100s of TB is possible with a single desktop drive.
Archiware offers the P5 Desktop LTO Edition as entry level archive.
|LTO tape is required by insurance companies as offline Backup (DR) for movie production|
LTO tape together with Archiware P5 offers the option of combining the best of both worlds with a Disk-to-Disk-to-Tape solution (D2D2T):
P5 Synchronize replicates time critical storage to a secondary storage for immediate availability or failover.
P5 Desktop LTO Edition
Archiware P5 is available in a special P5 Desktop LTO Edition for use with single LTO drives. Automatic Backups and long-term Archive on LTO, store production data and protect for the long-term. Now both are available in this special license bundle.
Profit from proven longevity and affordability of LTO media. Extremely easy archiving and backup with P5.
P5 Archive as MAM
With file numbers growing dramatically, finding the right asset can be a challenge. An efficient system for referencing and re-use of files becomes essential. P5 Archive’s integrated mini-MAM system provides a simple solution to find and restore archived media quickly and efficiently.
The LTO Roadmap
New LTO generations are introduced regularly with higher capacity and transfer rates, along with new features to further protect your data and content. LTO specifications for backward compatibility up to generation seven of the technology is to write back one generation and read back two generations. The LTO Program regularly publishes and updates an LTO roadmap with information on new generations.