Upgrade FAQ 4.4
Frequently asked questions about the update/upgrade to PresSTORE 4.4
1. How to get an upgrade free of charge?
The upgrade is free of charge for all customers that purchased PresSTORE after May 29, 2011, as well as those with an existing Software Update Agreement (SUA) or active Software Maintenance. A customer can see when their maintenance ends, and if they are eligible for a free upgrade to a recently released version, by logging into the Archiware portal and selecting the installation Host ID.
2. How much does it cost to buy an upgrade?
For older installations without a Software Update Agreement or Software Maintenance, an upgrade
costs 35 % of the current list price of your license.
3. How can I get a quote for an upgrade?
4. Which installations need new license keys for P4.4 and where can I get them?
• All installations before 4.3
• Installations with 4.3 with a “Maintenance Expire” date before 5. June 2012.
Installations with a valid maintenance agreement can get keys in the portal, if needed.
5. Where can I get PresSTORE 4.4?
You can get PresSTORE 4.4 on our download page: www.archiware.com/download.
6. What preparations should be made before performing an upgrade?
– Please check that you meet all system requirements for version 4.4 (see point 7).
– Make sure you don't require any of the features no longer supported in version 4.4 (see point 8).
– Please make sure that you have all the required license keys (see point 4).
– As a precautionary measure, make sure to copy PresSTORE's installation index before running
7. What are the system requirements for P4.4?
8. What features will NOT be available in version 4.4 anymore?
All features available in 4.3. will be kept in 4.4
Note: When upgrading from 3.x, please read point 8 of the P4.1 upgrade FAQ.
9. What is new in version 4.4?
For more information about version 4.4, please read our feature list: P4 Feature List.
10. How much technical work is needed for the upgrade?
Upgrading from 4.x is comparable to a new installation. The PresSTORE installer recognizes
the installed version and runs all changes for within the software automatically.
When upgrading from 3.x, you cannot downgrade back to our old version anymore. It is therefore recommended to copy PresSTORE’s installation index, before running the upgrade.
When installing on a windows platform, please uninstall the old PresSTORE version first before
installing the new one. The configuration will stay intact.
11. Do all PresSTORE Clients have to be updated to 4.4 as well?
Yes, PresSTORE 4.4 has to be installed on all servers and workstations.
12. Which PresSTORE versions can I directly upgrade to version 4.4?
Only PresSTORE’s 3.x and 4.x versions can be upgraded directly to 4.4. Older versions should
be upgraded in steps, e.g. from version 2 to 3 and then to version 4.4. (see point 10).
13. Will all my setting stay the same when upgrading?
Yes, all the settings will be kept when switching to the new version.
14. Can I downgrade again after upgrading to version 4.4?
Upgrading from 3.x to PresSTORE 4.4 is irreversible. In case a downgrade needs to be done,
a complete new installation followed by a configuration restore from an older backup volume
would be required.
15. What does the new license expiration date mean?
This date will simplify updates to future PresSTORE versions. It will not be necessary to get new license keys, as long as an installation/license is covered by a Software Update Agreement (SUA) or
pre-purchased Software Maintenance (SM).
The first year of Software Update Agreement is included free of charge. Afterwards, the license can be covered either by an auto renewal contract, or by purchasing a 12 or 24 month prepaid agreement through
a reseller. An installation is entitled to free version upgrades to subsequent versions released within themaintenance duration.