P5 Release Notes
Archiware P5 Release Notes
Version 5.0.6 released. Changes since last release
- Fixed filesystem device ID handling to honour cases where device ID may be the same
16-bit value for two different filesystem, thus invalidating incremental saves.
Version 5.0.5 released. Changes since last release
- Improved index performance, both archive and backup. During startup or latest before first archive and/or backup operation, the index conversion is attempted. The conversion routine locks the index
for writing so all backup/archive jobs started while the conversion is still running, will stall.
- B2Go backup stops if the available space on the filesystem where repository is pointing to drops
below 10 %.
- B2Go snapshot purge attempts to randomize order of the workstations being purged.
- Assure no reference snapshots for HFS-based snapshot emulation in B2Go are purged or deleted.
- Restore to relocated location now makes sure the place where to restore is created if not found.
- Fixed occasional crash when accessing library.
- Fixed browsing the index when data retention times are set beyond 2038.
- Added support for Linux WingFS version. Needs WingFS Build 77 or later.
- Fixed wizard file selection for Windows.
Version 5.0.4 released. Changes since last release
- Fixed incremental backup on Linux/Solaris
- Added index correction routine for fixing visibility of directories for given snapshot.
- Full backups now just add new addresses instead of adding all new elements into the index.
Version 5.0.3 released. Changes since last release
- Fixed handling of backup indexes that may get improperly closed.
- Fixed generation of lookup selection when running increment backups for paths that have
never been saved on media.
- Fixed indexing of root directory.
- Fixed ArchiveSelection for Windows.
Version 5.0.2 released. Changes since last release
- Corrected incremental backup and archive on Windows.
- Improved autoinstallation for libraries that do no deliver serial numbers.
- Corrected restore in Windows.
- Corrected restore when selecting a folder structure in Windows.
- Corrected display of bread crumbs when browsing the index of a Unix host on Windows.
Version 5.0.1 released. Changes since last release
- Fixed backup index recovery routine.
- Removed index/database check and repair.
- Corrected archive indexer to properly index whole job tree with the current backup time
as to be able to browse the selected job only.
- Mac installer now installs preference pane.
- Corrected manual archive for files located on filesystems having blanks in the mount point.
- GUI cosmetics.
- Corrected detection of Quantum DXi library drive serial numbers/autoinstallation.
- Corrected detection of disk volumes when drive is detached/replaced.
- Expaned default PATH to include alternative binary directories.
- Corrected cross-client restore.
- Added automatic labeling to single tape drive wizard.
- Fixed lookup selection handling when running backups with file statistics
- Added compatibility logic for running different backup levels on different pools.
- Fixed creating custom roots over file-picker interface in archive indexes during manual archive.
- Assure saving of the backup index runs after each backup job, regardless of its outcome.
- Fixed creation of user-defined archive index meta fields having mixed case or colliding with
- Fixed preview creation on Windows.
- Added VSS logging for better VSS problem detection.
- Corrected VSS snapshot release on Windows.
Version 5.0.0 released
Interested in Archiware P5?
Looking to Buy Archiware P5?