Archiware P5 Release Notes
- Amazon Glacier and generic S3 support - P5 Archive (as of version 5.5)
- Client to Client sync option - P5 Synchronize (as of version 5.5)
- Native integration of cloning to the cloud - P5 Synchronize
All annoucements are subject to alterations.
- MediaLTFS - October 21, 2016 - support continues until June 30, 2017
- WingFS/P5 Synchronize integration - November 29th, 2016
Upcoming discontinuations - P5 Version 5.5
- Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- Linux with Kernel versions older than 2.6.32
- Solaris SunOS 5.8/5.9
- 32-Bit support
All annoucements are subject to alterations.
Version 5.4.2 released. Changes since last release:
- Improved object store up/download handling by reducing log calculation frequency and thread creation/teardown.
- Fixed sole-file CLI restores in the compatibility mode.
- Produce better error log when trying to restore encrypted files to client w/o correct encryption key set.
- Fixed incremental archive for object store archives.
- Filter out .zfs directory from being operated on.
- Skip disabled and/or P4 archive indexes from the object store usage calculation.
- Fixed call to Windows user-defined preview scripts.
- Fixed preview generation for some oddly named files.
- Fixed restore to remote clients when hitting the filemark.
Version 5.4.1 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed broken Sparc/64bit port.
- Skip auto-update for clients that are servers themselves.
- Fixed indexer error when adding cloned address records.
- Fixed rare media-block formatting error for checksum trailers.
Version 5.4 released.
For new features, please refer to the 5.4 Features List.
Version 5.3.4 released. Changes since last release:
- Improved handling of hierarchically mounted filesystems during restore.
- Improved interaction with FreeBSD CAM system.
- Fixed crashes related to media changer heartbeat thread when running on FreeBSD hosts.
- Fixed erroneously setting old volume to suspect after recycling.
Version 5.3.3 released. Changes since last release:
- Added support for Synology DSM platform
- Workaround for Overland NEO drive serial number reporting while querying the library for element status.
- Corrected time stamp on restored and synced folders on Windows 64-bit.
- CLI now reports all jobs that were either scheduled, started or running as "terminated" if the server was pulled down or crashed during the operation. (Bug #458)
- Fixed index behaviour for directories that lost their address record somehow (perhaps during volume deletions). (Bug #444)
- Fixed server crash during verify runs on archive if the client encryption was turned on. (Bug #447)
- Fixed "invalid-id-to-filename" errors when restoring to clients if the client encryption was turned on. (Bug #457)
- Fixed backup of empty top level directories. (Bug #462)
- Fixed nsdchat utility interactive mode not to block on "exit" command. (Bug #121)
- Fixed index handling when 2 Full backup jobs operate on same directory structure and are executing "near" each other, timewise. (Bug #464).
- Fixed sync in update mode when remote file versions are enabled and source contains hard-linked files. (Bug #421)
- Added cli::index::prunedirs method to clear the index from empty directories not found on any known volummes or ones created as helping stepstones for maintaning tree integrity.
- Fixed delete-stamp of files in the index that have been deleted on the filesystem to match the backup time of the increment run that found them missing. (Bug #474)
- Fixed expression for locating changed files for incr Archives. (Bug #471)
- Improved index re-page routine to backup the live DB file before the attempt to re-page and/or filter the records.
- Added option to set port 587 with default TLS protocol for mail delivery. The port 465 is reserved for the SSL.
- Fixed incremental archive for directories that have been moved or renamed in the index.
Version 5.3.2 released. Changes since last release:
- CLI restores now corectly select the right timed-instance of the file at the given path.
- Fixed situations in Archive index when same paths are being moved and re-archived again.
- Fixed mail delivery to better handle various security-related mailer setups.
- Fixed finder-info restores on Xinet volumes when files are being relocated into completely empty directories.
- Fixed handling of parametrized preview and/or metadata user-defined scripts for archive jobs.
- Fixed handling of clone volumes where we could require both the volume and its clone during the verify passes.
- Skip generating previews where internal preview generator was implicitly disabled and the provided user-defined preview generator decied not to make previews for certain file types.
- Fixed detection of Linux devices for high LUNs and for DDP.
- Fixed search GUI on Windows.
- Fixed recognition of non-Mac streams within Helios volumes.
- Corrected test mail sending when the "New Notification" event was removed from the list of configured events.
- Archive job inventory file is now automatically ZIP'ed if larger then some predefined value. The default size above which the file is zipped is 16MB. This can be controlled by the config option:
ns_param maxInventorySize 16777216
- Removed traces of Growl from the notifier code.
- Fixed rare race-condition in indexer for backup operation related to backups with enabled file-prescan.
Version 5.3.1 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed linking to correct binaries on new installs.
- Uses /sys instead of /proc when looking up SCSI devices on newer Linux installs.
- Simplified and improved GUI interface for search function in Archive and Backup indexes.
- Fixed: 64-bit Solaris11 SCSI device access.
Version 5.3 released.
For new features, please refer to the 5.3 Features List.
Version 5.2.2 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed lookup selection when generating entries for root.
- Fixed query expression when selecting/sorting nodes on backup time column.
- Fixed sync cycle management during cycle purge.
- Improved notifications for index saves and archive jobs. They were wronlgy reported as regular backup jobs.
- The CLI [ArchiveSelection addfrom] now properly honours incremental setup.
- Added new CLI [ArchiveSelection addfile] and [ArchiveSelection addfileabs] commands.
- Recompiled Linux Sqlite package in 32bit to allow 64bit file offsets.
- Fixed cross-platform character conversion introduced in V5.2.1 by changes for special archive restores.
- Fixed B2Go template propagation to local workstation.
- Fixed large-file support for V4-compatibility indexes.
- Fixed FinderInfo issues for restores on Helios volumes when operating in 64bit mode.
- Fixed B2Go automatic update when several workstations start updating the same time (overlap).
Version 5.2.1 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed remote update of older (i386) Mac OSX clients.
- Fixed handling of volumes to backup containing blanks in their mount points.
- Ignore previous configuration of the user-defined mail script; always use our own mail sender(s).
- Improved browsing for archive indexes to exclude files located on unknown (recycled) volumes.
- Fixed browsing P4 backup index.
- Fixed changing index option in P4 backup index.
- Fixed file version restore in P4 backup index.
- Fixed timing problem with Firefox browser within restore option window.
- Fixed Windows B2Go client login problem.
- Fixed setting old volume to suspect after automatically recycling it during a running job.
- Improved Windows installation procedure.
- Improved volume import to allow continuation of the import in case of job error or cancellation.
- Volume mode can now be manually re/set to Migrated.
- Added compatibility for CLI restores to allow restoring files at the original (physical) path if no relocation was requested, as for version 5.1 and below.
- Added log traces for per-job activation and completion callbacks.
- Fixed restore relocation for archive jobs on Windows.
- Fixed default hint for relocation path for archive restores in GUI.
- Fixed id/path translation for remote archive restores.
- Removed UUID (GUID) handling for ZFS filesystems since it resulted in occasional duplicates thus yielding two or more different file systems having the same UUID.
- Fixed occasional crashes when restoring from archive.
Version 5.2 released.
For new features, please refer to the 5.2 Features List.